Monday, April 9, 2012

Hello!

I've decided to make this blog as a place to follow my journey as an artist, to share and look back on and remember. I'll be posting little pieces of my life, observations, and work here - bits of information that will piece together to form a picture of what I do as time goes on.

If you were wondering what the name of my blog meant, it's the name of my shop over on Etsy. You can read the whole story behind that on my profile over there.

Anyways, here's a peek into my work space. It's pretty temporary, since we're moving in June. Hopefully I'll have a space to myself in the new place, so I don't have to pack up my supplies every time a guest is over (this is the guest room right now).

I work on the floor generally. I don't know why - I guess I kind of like it there. You can get up close and really into jewelry making. (Eventually I'll use a desk though.)

I put supplies on the windowsill, which is probably not a great idea, but it's the nearest flat surface besides the floor.

 There's something so strange and interesting and special about this charm.

My bottle of periwinkle seed beads - when I got the bottle at a vintage market it didn't come with a stopper, so I made one out of a wad of graph paper since seed beads aren't exactly fun to spill or clean up.

My bead organizer. 

I hang all of my pieces on two hooks on the door.

You might be beginning to sense that I'm not actually a neat/organized person.

Work in progress

                        -Sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment